Word & Spirit Christian Academy is a Christian school for the training of ministers, built in a community in the tradition of evangelical institutions of higher education. As such, Word & Spirit continues its mission of education which first gave rise to this academy, and which is summarized in the following propositions.
God, the infinite source of all things, has shown us truth through scripture, spirit, nature, history, and above all, in Christ.
Persons are spiritual, rational, moral, social, and physical, created in the image of God. They have the ability to know and to value themselves and other persons, the universe, and God.
Education as the process of teaching and learning, involves the whole person, by developing the knowledge, values, and skills which enable each individual to change freely. Thus it occurs most effectively when both instructor and student are properly related to God and each other through Christ.
Statement of Mission and Purpose
Maintaining the vision of the founder, Holy Spirit, Word & Spirit Christian Academy develops Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential to impact the world. It is our sworn duty to stamp out ignorance in the body of Christ.
Through its online programs, this Academy educates men and women who will make important contributions to their workplaces and communities, follow their chosen ministry as callings to glorify God, and fulfill the Great Commission.
Word & Spirit Christian Academy will:
- Emphasize excellence in teaching and learning.
- Foster university-level competencies in communication, critical thinking, information literacy, and ministry in all courses offered.
- Ensure competency in scholarship, research, and professional communication in all ministry programs.
- Promote the synthesis of academic knowledge and Christian worldview in order that there might be a maturing of spiritual, intellectual, social and physical value-driven behavior.
- Enable students to engage in a major field of study in a ministry focused disciplines built on a solid foundation in the Word of God.
- Contribute to a knowledge and understanding of the Word of God so that others might be blessed.
- Encourage a commitment to the Christian life, one of personal integrity, sensitivity to the needs of others, social responsibility and active communication of the Christian faith, and, as it is lived out, a life that leads people to Jesus Christ as the Lord of the universe and their own personal Savior.
Why Word & Spirit Christian Academy
Making the Choice
What Distinguishes WSCA Christian Academy From Other Online Bible Schools?
“I believe there is no better place to train for the ministry then WSCA because of the balance between the natural and the supernatural. I have often said that the natural and the spiritual coming together make an explosive force for God. And that’s what you get at WSCA. You get a lot of spiritual insight that you will find very useful in your personal life and ministry. At the same time, you will receive spiritual impartation that you might not even know are there until a situation comes up in which you need it. “Any time of preparation is never lost time.” That statement has never been truer. Attending WSCA will both strengthen your relationship with Christ and help prepare you for the ministry.”
When you step into the classroom at WSCA, you will immediately sense the presence of the Holy Spirit. That same anointing will be evident in your everyday life as well.
“And the anointing is not only tangible, it is also transferrable.” There is something special about being in one place with other believers of like precious faith. It’s so important to be able to hear and understand the voice of the Holy Spirit when He is speaking to your spirit. When you attend WSCA the atmosphere is saturated with the presence of the Holy Spirit. The time you spend training here will help you learn His voice, which will be vital once you step out to do what God has called you to do in life and ministry.”
What advice would you offer to those who are not certain if they should attend WSCA?
Pastor Henry Owens: “If you are asking yourself, do I want to learn more about Christ? WSCA is a good place to come and find out. It would benefit you to get a solid foundation in the Word and to get the things we teach at WSCA into you. This school will prepare you for the ministry God has called you to, come on and get the training in the Word and in the Spirit. The training will bless them, and the training WSCA provides will make them much better labourers when they return to their local churches.”